Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 22:38:59
Lists: pgsql-www

> Which is why at least 2 more FreeBSD guys (Stefan and myself) were brought
> into the fold a while back. I can't speek for Stefan, but I have remained
> quite on this while I absorb the implementation specifics of the current
> setup.

Sure... but against 20 Linux people? No I don't have 20 specific
people in mind but we are probably talking about an exponential
difference here.

> For example we raninto an issue here were we ended up with 100% distro
> lock-in because of a hardware vendor only providing binary kernel modules for
> one specific distro and kernel version. Granted that is not a fault with
> "linux" in general, but it did mean I had to support some one ofs where
> consistency would have been the preferred norm.

Well considering I would spec the hardware that is moot :) but
I do get your point. I

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/