Re: Prepared statements and default values

From: David Wall <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prepared statements and default values
Date: 2006-01-10 03:30:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

You'll probably need to use two statements, so that when you want to use
the default, you don't specify anything, and when you want a special
value, you use the command you gave.

If you want the default, use:

UPDATE usersettings SET serverurl = ? where username = ?

If you want to specify, then use:

UPDATE usersettings SET gpsfrequency = ? , serverurl = ? where username = ?

David