Help Me !

From: zhuge xiao <zhuge(at)Rinaix(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help Me !
Date: 2005-12-20 09:44:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Help me!

I have edited the program testlibpq.c which is copied from the
PostgreSQL document to make it become a CGI program. And I have
succeeded to compile the programme, testlibpq.c from the command line:
[zhuge(at)xiao2 src]$ cc -o testlibpq testlibpq.c -lpq

And it can run from the command line:
[zhuge(at)xiao2 src]$ ./testlibpq

Then, I copied the excuteable program to the CGI directory,
/var/www/cgi-bin. And let it run from the Mozilla Firefox browser whose
URL was http://localhost/cgi-bin/testlibpq. But I failed. The result was
that the below message was displayed in the browser:
could not connect to server: Permission denied
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain
socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

The above message was produced by the below code:
if (PQstatus(conn) != CONNECTION_OK)
{
fprintf(stdout, PQerrorMessage(conn));
exit_nicely(conn);