maybe off topic JDBC question

From: tony <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: maybe off topic JDBC question
Date: 2005-12-20 09:25:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ok this is probably a JDBC thing but as many admins seem to be running
webapps and it is a version migration problem I shall ask here:

I have migrated the backend from 7.2.1 to 8.1.1
Most of the JSPs work just fine several others don't

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERREUR: Entrée manquante de la
clause FROM pour la table «individu»

(translation: missing entry in the FROM clause of table...)

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecu
torImpl.java:1512)

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImp
l.java:1297)

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:
188)

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stateme
nt.java:430)

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdb
c2Statement.java:346)

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2St
atement.java:250)

org.apache.jsp.contact.fiche_005findividu_005fintra_jsp._jspService(org.
apache.jsp.contact.fiche_005findividu_005fintra_jsp:71)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:322)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

OK so far so good, now the crunch - I have a newer version of one of the
broken pages which uses the exact same JDBC connection code and it
works. The only modifications in the new page are use of style sheets
for layout instead of tables...

I have run the query from the JSP in pgaccess and it works just fine.

Tomcat was also updated from 4 to 5.5 and I have the latest
postgresql.jar for JDK1.5

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Tony