Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text

From: "C(dot) Filipe Medeiros" <filipe(at)mercenary3(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text
Date: 2005-12-06 01:41:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> E.g; if you are using full text with MySQL, you are using a bum
backend destined to loose data.

>> Although I agree with your arguments for integration, I should point
out that MySQL's full text indexing and it's transactions are mutually
exclusive. You can't have both.

All the more reason to trump it, no? I am curious though. Let's say that
eventually we come to a conclusion regarding Postgres, what steps does
one take to get something like this implemented?

- Filipe

P.S., if this were implemented, I would be behind an organized
Postgresql adoption campaign. Once it has this, in my book, it has most
of what it needs for most license-distributed web apps.