Annoying problem with UseDeclareFetch

From: Thomas Chabaud <tc(at)geosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Annoying problem with UseDeclareFetch
Date: 2005-11-29 09:34:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm using VB 6.0 with postgreSQL v8.0 and ODBC Driver v8.1.1.
I have set the driver's option UseDeclareFetch to true in order to avoid
recordset paging problem, but with this option enabled, rs.RecordCount
is always equal to -1.

Is it normal ?
Is there a way to solve this, because my application makes a lot of
calls to rs.recordcount ? Another driver option ? Driver version ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thomas Chabaud