Re: database design

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Max Khon <fjoe(at)samodelkin(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database design
Date: 2005-11-18 10:43:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Max Khon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it planned to add database design tools to pgadmin3? I think this would
> be very useful addition.

No. I *do* like to see a good db design tool, AFAIK there is absolutely
no usable OS tool around (usable means: sub models, dbms independence).
Effort to implement a good tool is vastly underestimated, that's why so
many alpha release mickey mouse tools suitable for no more than 10
tables are around.
I would love to contribute knowledge and ideas to a good project. Two
years ago, DBdesigner4 looked like a start, but they're eaten and
digested by MySQL AB.

Regards,
Andreas