Re: Linux equivalent library for "postgres.lib" from Windows

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux equivalent library for "postgres.lib" from Windows
Date: 2016-11-08 04:29:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/6/2016 9:28 PM, Gadamsetty, Kiran wrote:

> I am new to the product and in windows “postgres.lib” provides certain
> functions which we are using in windows for creating extensions.
>
> Now I am porting the project to Linux and there no straight library
> with this name in Linux binaries packages.
>
> Can someone please advise the equivalent library for postgres.lib in
> Linux?

I am not sure what this postgres.lib is, what are the functions you're
using ?

libpq.so is the standard postgres client library. it provides the
PQxxxxxx functions documented here,
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq.html

or are you talking about the SPI_xxxxx functions used by C functions
being called within postgresql ?