Re: Hide databases

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Uwe Dalluege <uwe(dot)dalluege(at)rzcn(dot)haw-hamburg(dot)de>
Cc: postgresql pgadmin <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hide databases
Date: 2005-11-01 00:17:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Uwe Dalluege wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to hide the databases where I am not the owner?
>
> In our university we have many postgresql user.
> Each user has his own database.
> When I start pgAdmin all databases are displayed.
> Is there a button to avoid showing these databases?

Ok,
Dave and me have been discussing a little about this request, and we'll
probably implement a configurable SQL restriction for that in 1.5/1.6.
Your requirement seems typical for universities, let's declare this as
my contribution to the Deutsches Bildungssystem!

Greetings to the Geomatikum, where I spent quite some sleepy mornings in
lectures, I remember...

Regards,
Andreas