dynamic loading of .so

From: TJ O'Donnell <tjo(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dynamic loading of .so
Date: 2005-10-14 22:16:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I have begun to use some static variables in my c-language
functions to maintain state (3rd party licensing issues) during
the course of a session (postgres process, spawned by postmaster).
When I use dynamic loading of my .so,
each session is independent, with its own static variables.
Will the same be true if I were to load the .so once when
the database starts up? Or will there be just one set of
static variables for all sessions?

TJ