Re: Slony scripts

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slony scripts
Date: 2005-09-19 14:38:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>Hi Andreas
>
>I was thinking about including the Slony scripts with the
>pgAdmin/pgInstaller packaging. To save me rooting through the code to
>find it, where does we look for them at the moment? Also, how do we
>handle different Slony versions? Scripts in a subdirectory someplace, or
>do we rename them so they don't clash. Or do we say you can only create
>clusters in the version that you have installed the scripts for?

See slony path in options.
We don't maintain different versions, but assume that we're always using
the latest. When joining a cluster or upgrading a cluster (not the
first), all ddl info is extracted from existing clusters, so no scripts
are needed.
dlgRepClusterUpgrade implementation still to be coded; dlgRepCluster
schema reengineering code needs to be extracted to a standalone class.
It's also needed for initial schema creation as duplicate from an
existing source db, e.g. for new replication slaves. Should be a context
menu option opening the Query Tool with the ddl script for review.

Regards,
Andreas