Re: Unicode support

From: Marko Ristola <marko(dot)ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Anoop Kumar <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unicode support
Date: 2005-08-31 15:11:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

LATIN1 and UCS have one common point by design:
0x00 - 0xFF are equal numbers, so the SQL_ASCII
ignorance means, that LATIN1 characters won't get changed!

So, this means, that:
0xE4 in ISO-8859-1 is the same as
0x00E4 in UCS-2. Just the number of needed bytes change.

Reference: "man 7 unicode"

Marko Ristola