Re: Acclerating INSERT/UPDATE using UPS

From: Gene <genekhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Acclerating INSERT/UPDATE using UPS
Date: 2007-02-11 04:48:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think it would be great to have this kind of functionality built into
postgres (optional and disabled by default of course) I use postgres mainly
for its querying and concurrency features (a 10x increase in insert/update
speed would be phenomenal) I know most people need 100% data integrity but
as Hideyuki pointed out we all don't need 100%. On our project, when the
power is out, we aren't receiving data anyways... just my two cents. on a
side note, would putting the wal on a tmpfs partition give you something
similar?

--
Gene Hart
cell: 443-604-2679