Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2005-08-26 01:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> We have gone a long way now, even though it was only a year ago. My
> question for everyone on this list is: What are the "few remaining big
> features" that you see missing for PostgreSQL?
>
> Or, slightly different, what are people's most wanted features?

* Recursive unions (ie. WITH recursive)
* CUBE & ROLLUP
* The rest of the oracle analytic functions
(http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_analytic_functions.html)

I'm happy with new features and performance, but I'd really like to be
able to do complex analysis of the huge statistics tables I have :)

Chris