Re: Troubles with PL/Perl in PgSQL

From: Vladimir D Belousov <pg-maillist(at)klarnet(dot)ru>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubles with PL/Perl in PgSQL
Date: 2005-07-28 01:01:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jeff Eckermann wrote:

>"Vladimir D Belousov" <pg-maillist(at)klarnet(dot)ru> wrote in message
>

>>Hallo!
>>
>>I'm new in PgSQL and I try to migrate from InterBase (Firebird) to PgSQL.
>>
>>I have a trouble with call ANY plperl function.
>>I have the very simple function:
>>---------------------
>>
>>CREATE FUNCTION myint(integer) RETURNS integer AS $$
>> my $result = $_[0];
>> return $result;
>>$$ LANGUAGE plperl;
>>---------------------
>>
>>And when I try to call this function, I got the error:
>>---------------------
>>$ psql test
>>Welcome to psql 8.0.3, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>>
>>Type: \copyright for distribution terms
>> \h for help with SQL commands
>> \? for help with psql commands
>> \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>> \q to quit
>>
>>test=# select * from myint(5);
>>

>This syntax is appropriate for set-returning functions. For functions
>returning a single value, use "select myint(5);"

I see, thank you!
But when I try
select myint(5) from test;
(table test exists but has no records), I got the same error.

And here that I have noticed: on a home computer this truoble is not
present.
However on the server and my home PC - the kernel and the system
environment are
almost absolutely identical - FreeBSD 5.4 (cvsup on Tue Jul 26 21:24:24
MSD 2005).
(except SMP support in the kernel and two options sysctl - for
hypertrading on the server).
SysV IPC options are identical too.

Possibly, I've gape any bug report about a problem using SMP kernel?