Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?

From: Bjørn T Johansen <btj(at)havleik(dot)no>
To: Ropel <ropel(at)ropel(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?
Date: 2005-07-24 17:52:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't think you are correct... UTF-8 might be default on MSSQL, but it is the ODBC
connection to PGSQL that sets the client encoding to UTF-8... (I.e. when I just connect to
the PGSQL server, I get a statement in the PG log file that says "set client_encoding to
'UTF8'..

And I don't want to use UNICODE on my PG Server....

BTJ