Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?

From: Ropel <ropel(at)ropel(dot)it>
To: Bjørn T Johansen <btj(at)havleik(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?
Date: 2005-07-24 17:40:11
Lists: pgsql-general

As far as I know, UTF-8 is the standard encoding used by MSSQL.
ISO8859-1 /_is_ /LATIN1, so the system is trying to convert (as the
error message says) from utf-8 (SqlServer) to ISO8859-1 ( LATIN1 ).

So I think you have to search on the MSSQL side, not PostgreSql...

You can also use UNICODE encoding on postgres, creating your DB with
CREATE DATABASE mydb ENCODING='UNICODE';

Hope this will give you some hints to solve the problem

Regards,
Roberto