alternate regression dbs?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: alternate regression dbs?
Date: 2005-05-14 21:48:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I meant to mention this during previous discussion.

Currently the pg_regress script does "dbname=regression" and then does
everything in terms of $dbname. Would there be any value in providing a
--dbname=foo parameter so that different regression sets could use their
own db? One virtue at least might be that we would not drop the core
regression db all the time - having it around can be useful, I think.

cheers

andrew