Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets
Date: 2005-05-14 21:14:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>I agree. That will also mean that buildfarm members will automatically
>>start doing the checks (as long as they are set up to build the PLs), so
>>it would be an extra bonus for me :-)
>>

>The only argument I can think of against it is that the buildfarm
>status page will then not distinguish core system check failures
>from PL check failures. If that doesn't bother you, we can make
>it so.

That's probably a good point. I was just being a little too lazy.
Building an extra check step in is not very difficult - it will just
take a little while for all the buildfarm emebers to catch up. But since
we're still 6 weeks even from feature freeze that shouldn't matter too
much. I'll get onto it.

cheers

andrew