Re: Postgresql, Windows, Peer-2-Peer network

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql, Windows, Peer-2-Peer network
Date: 2005-04-28 03:42:30
Lists: pgsql-general

OF COURSE as long as the PC is NT or greater(won't work on windows 95/98).
just make sure you modify the pg_hba.conf file to allow the other PCs to
access and change the postgresql.conf file to listen on all i.e. *

You could even use PG Lightning Admin with it's built in SSH tunnel
support, or Putty.exe and have all the other machines connect via
encrypted SSH, then you could simply leave your server to allow
connections only from localhost.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design