Re: problem with setting boolean value on

From: "Stuart M Easterling" <stuarte(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with setting boolean value on
Date: 2003-09-29 14:24:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

OK, when I set the JDBC type to BIT it works fine for a BOOLEAN field. Thanks
for the feedback.

For some reason JBoss is using the AbstractJdbc1Statement as opposed to
AbstractJdbc3Statement, even when the latter is available. This is odd, I
think I need to dig in the config files. (I'm using pg73jdbc3.jar, last build
2003-08-07.)

Cheers,
Stuart

Oliver Jowett wrote:
> From the stack trace you're not running the most recent JDBC3 code. In CVS,
Types.BOOLEAN is translated to Types.BIT in AbstractJdbc3Statement and then
passed to the superclass. If you're running a JDBC1 or JDBC2 build, then
that translation will not happen, and AbstractJdbc1Statement does not
understand Types.BOOLEAN.

> I'm not sure when this behaviour was introduced, though, perhaps it hasn't
made it into the current JDBC3 binaries. Try rebuilding the driver from CVS
and see if the problem goes away?

Barry Lind wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> There isn't a lot of information to go on here. Without knowing what the
values are that are being passed to the driver, it is difficult to know what
the problem might be. A simple test case would be necessary for me to look
into this further.

> When you say you are running the latest driver, what do you mean by
'latest'? (latest = latest 7.3 build, or latest 7.4 build, or latest cvs pull?)

> thanks,
> --Barry
>

> Stuart M Easterling wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I get the following error when the JBoss EJB container attempts to set a
BOOLEAN value on the AbstractJdbc1Statement:
>> Unknown Types value.
>> at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.setObject
>> (AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:1423)
>> at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.setObject
>> (AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:1429)
>> at
>> org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.setObject
>> (WrappedPreparedStatement.java:607)
>> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCUtil.setParameter
>> (JDBCUtil.java:292)
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> I'm running Postgres 7.3.2 on Red Hat (and Windows) using the latest JDBC3
driver.
>> Any thoughts, ideas from anyone?
>> Thanks,
>> Stuart