Postgres Log rotation not working in 8.0.2

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Log rotation not working in 8.0.2
Date: 2005-04-18 19:24:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,

Postgres log rotation doesnt seem to behave properly, below are
the settings which I used for log rotation. I want the postgres log to
be rotated every week , its past over a week now and it still writing to
the old log. Are these settings right for what I want to achieve ? or am
I missing something ? Please advice, we are planning to go production
soon and dont want to change my settings later.

TIA,
Pallav

# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING

# - Where to Log -

#log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of stderr,
# syslog and eventlog, depending on
# platform.

# This is relevant when logging to stderr:
redirect_stderr = true # Enable capturing of stderr into log files.
# These are only relevant if redirect_stderr is true:
log_directory = '/var/lib/pgsql/pg_log' # Directory where log files
are written.
# May be specified absolute or relative to
PGDATA
log_filename = 'postgresql-%U.log' # Log file name pattern.
# May include strftime() escapes
log_truncate_on_rotation = true # If true, any existing log file of the
# same name as the new log file will be
truncated
# rather than appended to. But such truncation
# only occurs on time-driven rotation,
# not on restarts or size-driven rotation.
# Default is false, meaning append to existing
# files in all cases.
log_rotation_age = 10080 # Automatic rotation of logfiles will happen
after
# so many minutes. 0 to disable.
log_rotation_size = 0 # Automatic rotation of logfiles will happen
after
# so many kilobytes of log output. 0 to
disable.

# These are relevant when logging to syslog:
#syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
#syslog_ident = 'postgres'