Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9

From: Ying Lu <ying_lu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Ying Lu <ying_lu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9
Date: 2005-04-13 20:48:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Luc,

You are right. I am afraid that I checked different mahine's
client_encoding, which have been setup the correct encodings.

While for my working environment, I have

CLIENT_ENCODING = SQL_ASCII ;
SERVER_ENCODING = SQL_ASCII;

After we setup the correct encoding for client and server side, we
should be able to read correct French characters through JDBC.

However, I am still *not able* to *paste French Characters* such as ç
*directly from PSQL terminal *screen.

Please advise,
Emi