Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9

From: Ying Lu <ying_lu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Secrétariat <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9
Date: 2005-04-13 18:56:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Actually, both the server and client sides have been setup encoding
"latin1".

I am trying to read data from one DB and save to another DB. When I
tried to read data from one DB (using postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc3.jar), it
seems that I lost all my French characters (they become ?).

Also, I am *not* able even to *paste* french characters from PSQL terminal.

I am thinking should I make some changes about my terminal drivers to
allow French characters?

(Note: I already tried
javac -encoding ISO-8859-1
java -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 test
When compiling and running my java programs
)

Thanks a lot,
Emi