Re: Disk Space issue

From: Devendra Singh Rawat <Devendra_Rawat(at)infosys(dot)com>
To: "Praveen Kumar (TUV)" <praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>, "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disk Space issue
Date: 2008-06-11 07:42:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I recreated my database this morning with a dump size of 3GB, which after database creation occupied 3.5GB on disk.
And in less than 8 hours it has bloated to additional 3.7GB (the disk size now is 7.2GB).

There are quite a few DML operations which are happening on my DB.

SELECT relname, relpages FROM pg_class ORDER BY relpages DESC;
relname | relpages
-------------------------------------------------------------+----------
< table1 > | 180676
< table2 > | 22828