Re: CPU 0.1% IOWAIT 99% for decisonnal queries

From: Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega - Planae <gfnobrega(at)planae(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Patrick Vedrines <patrick(dot)vedrines(at)adpcl(dot)com>
Cc: performance pgsql <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CPU 0.1% IOWAIT 99% for decisonnal queries
Date: 2005-03-24 14:28:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi!

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2600 with a Perc 4/DI and 4 scsi disks 35GB.
I have made a array raid 0+1 with 4 disks, because is mission critical
application. But, for your, you can configure a raid0, thats is faster
than raid5 for 4 disks.

Ask to your system enginner what is distribution of Linux is used,
kernel version and if he does a kernel tuning for your hardware and
application.

Best regards.

Atenciosamente,

Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega