Re: CPU 0.1% IOWAIT 99% for decisonnal queries

From: "Patrick Vedrines" <patrick(dot)vedrines(at)adpcl(dot)com>
To: Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega - Planae <gfnobrega(at)planae(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "performance pgsql" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CPU 0.1% IOWAIT 99% for decisonnal queries
Date: 2005-03-24 14:04:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

Great !

I'm not an expert but as far as I know, my 15 databases are spread over 4 SCSI RAID disks 73 GB 10K RPM mounted under ext3 mode.
I remember that they where provided by DELL under RAID5 and I asked my system engineer for switching them to standard SCSI because I don't care about security but only about speed and capacity ( maybe this switch was not set properly at this time...).

Thank you for these interesting links: I 've sent them to my system engineer with my two hands !

Amicalement

Patrick