Re: Pgadmin GUI fails with relocation error.

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Kenneth Andreassen <kenneth(at)portit(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgadmin GUI fails with relocation error.
Date: 2005-03-06 22:08:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> Kenneth Andreassen wrote:
>
>> After starting the Pgadmin III 1.2.0 GUI on a Debian I manage to enter
>> a server address and name and such. But when i either do a refresh or
>> try to click on the server entry it shuts down and i get:
>> pgadmin3: relocation error: pgadmin3: undefined symbol: PQgetssl
>>
>> I have tried to log debug but do not get any info on the reason for
>> this behaviour.
>>
>> Any Ideas ?
>

> Hi Kenneth,
>
> did you get any answer concerning this particular problem?
> If not (first of all sorry for the delay!), can you give more detail
> concerning your configuration? I mean, do you use the official debian
> package or an own build? On which arch are you using pgAdmin (x86,
> ppc,...)? Where is your server located? What options do you select in
> pgAdmin to connect to your server? What version of server are you using?
> On which platform?
> Eventually, can you provide a backtrace of the process when it crashes?

Last but not least, can you send the result of "ldd `which pgadmin3`"
please? I've just found some threads concerning such behaviour of psql.
In general this was due to psql compiled with ssl on (that's the case of
pgadmin3 debian package) and libpq with ssl disabled. Debian's libpq is
ssl enabled, but if you are using your own one, this can be the cause of
such an error.

Regards,
Raphaël