Re: Statement level transactions

From: Markus Schaber <schabios(at)logi-track(dot)com>
To: Kovács Péter <peter(dot)kovacs(at)chemaxon(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Statement level transactions
Date: 2005-02-25 21:03:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, Peter,

Kovács Péter schrieb:

> I also remember having read in the new features list for 8.0 the
> introduction of nested transaction. I found no mention to nested
> transactions in the user guides though. Am I missing something?

Savepoints can be used to create nested transactions. For every inner
transaction you want to start, create a savepoint. If you want to commit
or abort that transaction, you release or rollback that savepoint.

Actually, savepoints allow more flexible usage patterns compared to
nested transactions.

HTH,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich