Re: [GENERAL] Oracle and Postgresql Play Nice Together on Same Computer?

From: "Troyston Campano" <troygeekdatabase(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Ian Barwick'" <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle and Postgresql Play Nice Together on Same Computer?
Date: 2005-01-20 12:58:04
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I guess what I am concerned about *is* running on a production server more
than a test server. Basically, I'd be taking a couple applications that are
running on the Oracle database instance, building a Postgresql instance, and
migrating them to that postgresql database instance. I'm just wondering
whether it's a bad idea to run them on the same server machine in a
production environment. (So instead of having 10 applications running on
Oracle on ServerComputerA...build a new postgresql instance on
ServerComputerA that lives along with Oracle and migrating 3 of the
applications to Postgresql.

Thank you for your time!

~ Troyston Campano ~