Re: Embedding Postgres in Java Application

From: Charlie Kelly <Charlie(at)CharlieKelly(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Embedding Postgres in Java Application
Date: 2005-01-16 21:55:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

You might also consider Derby (formerly Cloudscape), which IBM
contributed via open source.

I've found Hibernate an excellent tool for development.
It has great support for postgresql and hypersonic; it is developing
support for derby.
Hibernate is an object - relational mapping tool. You write database
calls in java using "object oriented" calls without worrying about the
underlying database.

Charlie