Re: ntfs for windows port rc5-2

From: "J(dot) Greenlees" <jaqui(at)telus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ntfs for windows port rc5-2
Date: 2005-01-14 22:40:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> You may wish to consider a different database for your project. SQLite
> may be a better choice, for example, depending on the project's specific
> needs (www.sqlite.org).
>
> Win95/98/ME is poor technology, no matter how many users it still has.
> It's probably about time for them to upgrade or switch to another OS (of
> course, I think Windows in general is a poor technology, but that's for
> another list...).
>
> OTOH, does anyone know if the cygwin version of postgresql enforces the
> NTFS requirement? That may be another option...

I'll check sqllite out, thanks for the tip on it.

not sure about the cygwin, but don't really want to cause clients to
have to install and run extra services that shouldn't be needed.

I agree about windows, not worth using at all.

only plain text format email accepted.

smaller file size, no virus transfer
no proprietary file formats.