Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3

From: Roland Volkmann <r(dot)volkmann(at)surf25(dot)de>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3
Date: 2005-01-02 18:39:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Marc,

Marc G. Fournier schrieb am 02.01.2005 15:56:

> As was anticipated, time between Release Candidate 2 and 3 was nice and
> short, with more changes being made now to Documentation vs Code.
>
> A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html
>
> We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that
> is running a platform not listed to please report on any success or
> failures with Release Candidate 3.
>
> Baring *any* coding changes (documentation != code) over the next week
> or so, we *hope* that this will the final Release Candidate before Full
> Release, with that being aimed for the 15th (or earlier).
>
> As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

1. this URL doesn't exist any more. I only found the following:

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp

2. I visited some of the mirrors as well as ftp.postgresql.org and there
the source tarballs of rc3 have file date 31.12.2004 22:39 while Tom
Lane posted last corrections related to copyright messages on 01.01.2005
23:14, and Bruce Momjian posted Updates related to UTF-8 on 01.01.2005 17:36

So my question: are there really the correct rc3 tarballs around?

With best regards,

Roland