Dave Page wrote:
> OK, I tweaked it a bit to include the description of PostgreSQL per
"Merry Christmas from the Web Team
After months of much debate and hard work, the PostgreSQL Web Team has
decided it is time to send the new website out into the world as an
early Christmas gift to all PostgreSQL users. We hope you like it!
- Gift doesn't fit? Let us know....
PostgreSQL is a highly-scalable, SQL compliant, Open Source
object-relational database management system.
- About PostgreSQL"
This change has been reverted, pending proper discussion.
- Offensive, culturally insensitive, religious text. ("Merry Christmas
from the Web Team")
- Content is self-expiring.
- Bad writing, improper grammar and capitalization.
- Asking for negative comments *only* means that... you'll only get
- Too much text and abuse of design (Only one paragraph should ever be
there. And only one line of links, separated by |. If you can't write a
paragraph with an *integrated* explanation of what PostgreSQL is, then
that's the wrong paragraph to be putting in that box.)
- No discussion of change on the list. Something that keeps being
advocated, yet rarely happens, if at all.
Perhaps it would be wise to think about and thoroughly discuss a change
prior to committing it to CVS, especially if the intention is to go live
In response to
pgsql-www by date
|Next:||From: Justin Clift||Date: 2004-12-22 03:14:24|
|Subject: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re: |
|Previous:||From: Greg Sabino Mullane||Date: 2004-12-22 01:52:14|
|Subject: Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things |