Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Date: 2004-12-22 03:14:24
Lists: pgsql-www

Omar Kilani wrote:
<snip>
> Perhaps it would be wise to think about and thoroughly discuss a change
> prior to committing it to CVS, especially if the intention is to go live
> with it.

Heh, I think that Dave probably thought of it as a "quick fix" rather
than a big thing needing discussing.

Personal thoughts:

+ I'm unsure that giving people a "Christmas present" is culturally
offensive. Why would giving a present to mark an occasion be
*offensive* to people?

+ Having the description of PostgreSQL after the New Site Look
announcement text definitely doesn't feel right however.

Not sure of a *better* approach, but that one doesn't feel right,
though I could live with it.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
+ Frank Gaines