Re: sudden program termination: no warning, error, or crash

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "JwexlerAt MailDotCom" <jwexler(at)mail(dot)usa(dot)com>
Subject: Re: sudden program termination: no warning, error, or crash
Date: 2009-08-13 07:45:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

Thursday, August 13, 2009, 2:38:02 AM, you wrote:

JM> I am also getting repeated sudden program terminations. My
JM> environment is Windows Server 2003 Native Japanese OS. Postgresql
JM> 8.4. Pgadmin III 1.10. Often after just having added a column, the
JM> program terminates. In all cases thus far, the operation that I
JM> was performing (addition to or maintenance of a column) was
JM> successful (i.e., the change was saved).

Although this won't be helpful, but it happened to me as well
yesterday. WinXPSP3 pgAdmin1.10 connected to a PostgreSQL 8.4
database.

I was left clicking on group/user roles in the tree view when pgAdmin
crashed and the window disappeared.

After restarting the program I tried to reproduce this behaviour, but
the crash was not reproducable.

Rainer