Re: Playing with new design

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Playing with new design
Date: 2004-10-13 14:08:46
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>I didn't yet commit the changes, please tell me whether I should.
>
> I think it looks good. It certainly looks a lot better than
> wwwdevel.postgresql.org, but I think that one has broken link(s) to
> stylesheets ATM.

Yep, I don't know how wwwdevel is generated, but it has to either use
the CVS version or copy *all* stuff from alexey.beta, not part of it.

> A few smallish things I've noticed (not with this change in particular,
> more in general about the new site):
>
> *) It should be 'the worlds most advanced open source database', right?
> (the 'the' is missing) (top of the page)

OK.

> *) Would it be possible to add a "Home" item to the menubar. I know you
> can click the logo to get there, but you'd be surprised to see how many
> users wouldn't even think of trying that.

Makes sense.

> *) Is the "About" tab perhaps misnamed? The content looks more like
> "Overview" or "General info" or something? There is a lot of good stuff
> under there that I wouldn't expectu nder "About", and there's probably
> more stuff scheduled to go there?

Well, this tab was called "User's lounge" in the previous version, so
"About" is an improvement over this. ;)

Will rename to "Overview".

> *) It would be nice to have a RSS tag so make it show up for live
> bookmarks in Firefox (<link rel="alternate" title="postgresql news"
> href="/news.rss" type="application/rss+xml"> tag in <head> if you didn't
> already know about it)

Will do.

Thanks for your feedback!