Re: Problem while using createdb for the first time

From: Ms swati chande <swativc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, flymooney(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Problem while using createdb for the first time
Date: 2009-06-30 07:48:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for your response, but it didn't work.

It goes like this,

c:\>createdb demo
Password:
createdb: couldnot connect to database postgres: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user 'prof'.

I made the following change in pg_hba.conf and it still did not work.
local all all 127.0.0.1 trust

I haven't set any password anywhere.

But, just in case I have forgotten, what do I do?

Thanks
Regards,
Swati