Problem while using createdb for the first time

From: Ms swati chande <swativc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem while using createdb for the first time
Date: 2009-06-30 03:48:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I built postgresql from source using Windows 2005.

After installation, I am trying to create a database using

createdb.

It then asks for a password. What password is it? There are now passwords set on my system. Also tried editing pg_hba.conf. But could not solve the problem.

How do I move ahead.

Thanks

Regards