Re: Hebrew support -- please help !

From: Ulrich Wisser <ulrich(dot)wisser(at)relevanttraffic(dot)se>
To: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hebrew support -- please help !
Date: 2004-08-31 07:51:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Elie,

actually it is much simpler if you use Unicode encoding on both sides.
Anyway, where do you see the strange characters? If you look at your DB
through commandline psql it is crucial to have the correct encoding.

I use to work on the commandline of my Linux box. I log in via putty,
which on a Win98 Machine is not capable of displaying unicode characters
correctly.

Ulrich

Relevant Traffic AB, Riddargatan 10, 11435 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel. +46-8-6789750 http://www.relevanttraffic.se