Re: Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10

From: Arthur van Dorp <arthur_vd(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: Kaloyan Iliev Iliev <news1(at)faith(dot)digsys(dot)bg>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10
Date: 2004-08-19 05:46:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

> readline is not part of postgresql but a separate library; find it and
> install it. If you are using a distribution you may have the shared
> library installed but you need to install its development package as
> well.

Use whatever program Mandrake offers to install software. Look for a
readline package and install it. The compiled readline program is
probably already installed, you need a development package with the
source code or at least the appropriate headers. Under SuSE the
development packages (which you need here) are called <package>-devel.
It's probably something similar for Mandrake.

> Since you don't say what system or distribution you are using, we can't
> say where to look for it.

Well, it says Mandrake 10 in the subject. ;)

Arthur