Re: [HACKERS] postgres and Jdbc 2.0

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: chinni <naveen(dot)bysani(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] postgres and Jdbc 2.0
Date: 2004-08-04 22:49:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Oliver Jowett wrote:

>> public void registerOutParameter(int parameterIndex, int sqlType,
>> String typeName) throws SQLException
>

> The underlying server does not support out parameters. This is also why
> the getXXX accessors on CallableStatement are not implemented.

Sorry -- misinterpreted this one.

You can't have arbitary out parameters. You can have a single out return
parameter for a function call. I assumed you were trying for arbitary
out parameters.

The registerOutParameter() variant that takes a UDT typename is not
implemented as the driver does not support UDTs.

There's no obvious reason why the unimplemented getXXX() methods are
unimplemented (those that are implemented on ResultSet, at least)

-O