Oracle compatibility ...

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle compatibility ...
Date: 2004-07-08 19:40:57
Lists: pgsql-patches

This week I have been to Southern Germany. This customer has sucessfully
migrated from Oracle to PostgreSQL. With the help of a gborg package
(Oracle style data dictionary) and CREATE DOMAIN they were able to run
there current application WITHOUT modification.
There was just one thing we have encountered:

SELECT * FROM X MINUS SELECT * FROM X

does not work on PostgreSQL (we use EXCEPT instead).
This small patch fixes this problem.

Maybe it improvements can be integrated into 7.6

Regards

Hans

Attachment Content-Type Size
minus.patch text/x-patch 9.9 KB