Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib, etc.

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib, etc.
Date: 2004-04-27 11:41:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com wrote:
> (5) Programming languages. We need to make a programming language standard
> in PostgreSQL. plpgsql is good, but isn't someone working on a Java
> language. That would be pretty slick.

IMHO SQL/PSM would be the obvious choice for the standard
procedural language. Not only because it is part of the SQL
standard (ISO/IEC 9075-4:2003), but also because it is reasonably
intuitive and it is the same as what is implemented in DB2 (and
in MySQL 5 due sometime not so soon).
The only problem is that there is no PostgreSQL implementation.

Jochem

--
I don't get it
immigrants don't work