Arbitrary precision modulo operation

From: Chadwick Boggs <chadwickboggs(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Arbitrary precision modulo operation
Date: 2004-04-26 14:18:52
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to perform modulo operations on extremely large numbers. The %
operator is giving me number out of range errors and the mod(x, y)
function simply seems to return the wrong results. Also, my numerator
is in the format of a quoted string, which the mod function can't take.

Desparately searching for solutions,
Chadwick.