Re:

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: kirang(at)it(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2004-04-10 18:37:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kiran,

Given that you can modify the source code for the jdbc driver you can do
practically anything you want. Although what you are suggesting would
be difficult, because in general the jdbc driver doesn't try to parse
SQL. In order to correctly do what you are trying to do on the jdbc
side you would need to implement a full SQL parser in java that mirrored
the parser on the server side in order to insert your extra where
clauses in the right places.

Security is always better implemented on the server side. You could
much more easily accomplish what you are trying to do by using server
side rules and/or views.

thanks,
--Barry