Tables are not being updated properly through Trigger

From: "Venkatesh Krishnamurthy" <venkatesh(dot)krishnamurthy(at)valtech(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tables are not being updated properly through Trigger
Date: 2005-08-15 13:02:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

We have written a trigger on insertion which is supposed to update 3
tables with new data. We are seeing a weird thing happening with
Postgres, i.e. If we have 4 records to be updated on insertion trigger,
postgres updates the first 3 records in the 3 tables properly, and when
it comes to final record, it is updating only the first 2 tables in
sequence and is skipping the 3rd table. So, we are ending up with the
improper data. Any body has come across such an issue earlier or can
anybody tell us whats happening here ?

Thanks,
Venkatesh