Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Ярослав Пашинский <yarik97(dot)6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date: 2021-03-19 15:13:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> There was a typo in one of my previous messages. What I was referring
> to is aaa3aedd.

Ah, I was just about to ask what the heck aaaef7a referred to.

Given the evidence that there's a problem, I agree with reverting
that. I'd suggest keeping the cosmetic rename of the function,
but we have to put back the Windows-doesn't-HAVE_WORKING_LINK logic.

Grepping in the v12 branch, I find a second use of HAVE_WORKING_LINK
in contrib/pg_standby. But that seems to be in a non-WIN32 code path,
so I don't think putting that back is necessary.