Re: Building PostgreSQL against Cygserver

From: David Mitchell <david(dot)mitchell(at)telogis(dot)com>
To: Oscar Pearce <oscar(at)pearceenterprises(dot)com>, Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building PostgreSQL against Cygserver
Date: 2004-03-24 21:38:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Oscar,

Sure, this is easy:

If you have cygipc installed, use the setup program to uninstall it and
postgresql.

After that, reinstall cygwin.

Install the postgres source and just build it as normal.

Whenever you run any of the programs (initdb, createdb etc) you'll need
to set the CYGWIN environment variable to 'server':

$ CYGWIN=server initdb -D /var/pgsql/data

So when you install the service remember to do the same:

$ cygrunsrv -I postmaster .... -e CYGWIN=server ....

Hope it all goes swimmingly.

David

--
David Mitchell
Software Engineer

NOTICE:
This message (including any attachments) contains CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.