Postmaster receives signal 11 on Windows 98 SE

From: Oscar Pearce <oscar(at)pearceenterprises(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postmaster receives signal 11 on Windows 98 SE
Date: 2004-03-24 14:44:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Yesterday I installed Cygwin and PostgreSQL on my Windows 98SE box. I
got everything up and running, and was able to connect to the
postmaster. I can create a database and the tables in it, but when I
run a script that does about 1000 inserts sequentially I get the
following messages in the server logs (and the client dies, of course):

LOG: server process (PID 738477) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
LOG: all server processes terminated: reinitializing

I'm using cygwin 1.5.9-1, cygipc 2.03-2, and postgresql 7.4.1-3. I'll
be glad to provide the scripts triggering this behavior if that'll help.

Thanks,
Oscar